Skip to main content

WISH ME LOVE

In my first blog I told you that I write "Wish me love" at the end of every journal entry. Let's talk about it. It started with me wanted to end my first entry this year with "Wish me luck" but I realized luck isn't what I wanted; I wanted love. Like true love. I wanted to experience love. Sounds weird if you know me even a little bit; hear me out. I don't mean like romantic love, although that would be nice. For so long I didn't accept the love from others and Christ because I didn't feel worthy of it. I didn't love me or who I was becoming. I know many can relate to that. I know many can say they still struggle with it. So do I. Maybe your life has been like mine where a lot of the friendships/relationships you valued were imbalanced. Meaning, you loved unconditionally but the other persons love was dependent on a perfect performance from you. 

What a destructive way to look at love. Well lets back up...that's not love. True love IS unconditional. Meaning, no matter what you do or what happens there is love. Now, listen that's not a golden ticket to just do what you want and then expect people to remain there through it all. No baby, someone that truly loves you is willing to walk away from you when you are heading directly towards destruction with no plan of changing. They love you AND themselves enough to walk away. However, when there is remorse and true change they are there with open arms ready to love on you. Anyways, different subject for a different day. That concept of unconditional love was so foreign EVEN though I grew up in the church and knew God's love was unconditional; I didn't understand what that meant so it meant nothing to me. I know it sounds harsh but it's the truth. 

The craziest thing is I think the little love I had for myself was conditional. Like I only approved, liked, and loved myself when I would do something that would benefit me. Yikes, that's a rarity! No, but seriously, looking back I was so hard on myself that I left no room for God's grace. I was constantly wounding myself with negative thoughts, words, and actions. So selfish. I didn't allow myself room to not be perfection while knowing I was absolutely NOT perfect. So prideful. What a vicious and tormentous cycle. 

So early this year I read the Gospel for the first time. I know a preacher's kid that at 26 is just now reading the Gospel. Judge if you want but growing up in the church I knew once I read it it would change me and if I'm being transparent (which I am ), I didn't want to change. Let me tell you, so humbling, the first time I truly understood unconditional love. It was overwhelming yet freeing. Overwhelming because someone died for me KNOWING I'd be a mess and purposefully not follow him in seasons of my life. Yet, he still chose to die for me. Freeing because I knew I no longer had to expect this perfection in order to be loved by myself and others. So when I say Wish me Love I mean wish me love from the Father, my self and from the relationships that are genuine. I wish you love too, I wish you would open your heart up in a way that allows you to accept the love that is already there but also allows you to begin healing from past wounds. Wishing you love as you...

Wish Me Love 💕

Comments

  1. Love your honesty girl. I have a friend that tild me she didn't read certain things because she knew she would have to change and she knew she would be accountable. She just was not ready for that type of commitment. I totally respect your perspective and it helps to love people you even more. 😍😍🥰🥰💯

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your honesty girl. I have a friend that tild me she didn't read certain things because she knew she would have to change and she knew she would be accountable. She just was not ready for that type of commitment. I totally respect your perspective and it helps to love people you even more. 😍😍🥰🥰💯

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

JUST DO IT

Fitting title, huh? I know. I am obsessed with Nike. Anyways, this isn't a blog to tell you how much time I spend looking at Nike shoes and clothes this week; it was a lot and it's only Tuesday. It's to tell you that some of the best advice I have been given recently, a good ten times before listening, is just do it . I have hesitated creating this blog because I was worried no one would read it. I was worried no one would be interested in what I have to say. I was worried people would think this is stupid. The crazy thing is, I am right. There will be some who won't read it, others who aren't interested, and those who believe this is just plain stupid. However, it doesn't diminish my work or the significance that this blog could potentially have.  What I am saying is JUST DO IT in spite of those truths. Don't be like me and procrastinate for years. What are you truly scared of and why? It's important you get down to the root of why. Once, the why is kno

WORTH

     This is one of those topics that is so deep and involved that I have been hesitant to even approach it. Just know from jump, this won't be the only blog addressing this. It is always a timely topic because it is a daily struggle for many. What I have realized, for me and many others, is we limit our own worth with our toxic thinking. This can be seen as we compare ourselves to every thing and every one. Worth is a measure of value based on the gravity of a sacrifice.  We will talk more about the ultimate sacrifice committed just for you in a later blog.  Early last year I got tired of feeling worthless. I was allowing the happenings of life to define my worth. I want to let you in on a secret - life will always devalue you when you give it power . For example, in your job you are replaceable; let that sink in. Is that not a light jab to the heart? I mean the first time I heard that I was taken back, succumbed to the fact and placed value in it. I know you're like - uhhh Va

THROUGH THE FIRE

Hey Ya'll! I know it's been a while but I've been going through and I know you have too. Honestly, when I'm going through I always stop doing what helps me. Do you do that? It makes no sense. Anyways, this topic has been on my heart and it was confirmed today that I need to stop procrastinating and just get it written.  Fire. When you think of fire you subconsciously think about the dangerous characteristics. Its hot...like real hot and can be uncontrollable in some situations. We don't like it because we can't control it and that's what I think is the worst characteristic. Now, I'm sure you know where I am going with this but just keep reading.  Have ya'll been going through the fire? What does the fire look like for you? Is it hot, constantly changing, an uncontrollable situation? There's a story in the Bible about 3 men who are thrown into a fire because of their refusal to bow to the king. So the consequence was fire. They had to enter the fi